Drawings as Graphic Organizers-Limitless Possibilities!

I'm astounded at the ways that Google Apps can transform educational products. In science, we had a huge engineering initiative and are learning about space after the holiday. So, I thought the movie "October Sky" would be an appropriate movie and segue into our space unit after the Christmas holiday. Still, I wanted students to write about the story line and transformed a "Story Line Template" from "Building Reading Comprehension Habits in Grade 6-12: A Toolkit for Classroom Activities" by Jeff Zwiers into the following:


I instructed my students and make a copy, after which I had them complete the story line and if extra time was available, customize the story with a theme of their choosing. See how some students went above and beyond!




Comments

Popular Posts